Administration Assistant Apprentice at I J Hodges Ltd
Job type: Apprenticeship
Location: Wadebridge, Cornwall
I J Hodges offer Electrical Installation, Test and Inspection including Portable Appliance Testing within the remit of the NICEIC to an established client base including domestic, commercial, hospitality and agricultural market sectors. The Private Water contractor and Maintenance Division has continued to flourish with investment in specialised drilling plant.
This is an exciting new role, due to the growth of this small family business, working with our Office Administrator and Directors of the business to provide continued support to our technicians and ensure we keep up to date with our administrative responsibilities. In this role you will be learning new skills on Sage, and learning a lot about electrical installations, inspections and bookkeeping.
Working with our Office administrator, you will be learning about all aspects of the business which specialises in electrical installations, building and engineering water bore holes.
Key responsibilities initially will be:
– Answering and responding to telephone calls
– Checking through email enquiries
– Passing on messages
– Inputting accounts information
– Health and safety record keeping
– Processing registration forms
– Providing quotes
– Ordering and deliveries
– Marketing tasks
– Note taking
– Assisting with Diary management
– Filing and processing data
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Personal Qualities include:
– Be a team worker
– Good computer skills (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
– Good telephone manner
– Customer service skills
– Communication skills (Written and verbal)
– Able to work towards and meet deadlines
– Happy to work independently
– Happy to get involved in practical tasks
– Have an organised and structured approach
– Work tidily
– Have a willingness to learn
– Good understanding of English and Maths, grade 4’s or equivalent
How to apply:
I J Hodges is located in Wadebridge, Cornwall. This is an apprenticeship opportunity.
Hours of work will be between Monday – Friday 8am-5pm.
Working over 5 days, you will be required to work a minimum of 30 hours.
You will be compensated at a rate of £5.50 per hour.
To apply, email your C.V. and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.